Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just another week

Well, it's another week and I'm still breathing. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Today is two weeks after I started trying to lose weight. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 8 lbs less from two weeks ago. At least something is working out for me.

I've had some stuff on my mind, lately. I'm missing a certain thrill, it's been a while since I've been some place new, met new people, or did new things with old friends, and I'm not doing anything with my time but play Zelda and sleep. I want a bit more adventure then I'm used too. It's like I'm stuck in a rut as long as I'm in Pflugerville. Partially because there's nothing to do here and also because I want nothing to do with the people I once knew here. I'm ready for a new identity and for my old one to just fade away into obscurity, and for that to happen I need to get out of this place. It's becoming more clear to me that if I want to be happy, I might have to seriously start working out my plan to move to Chicago.

There is one person, though, whom I wouldn't mind keeping in contact with while I'm here, but that's not possible. You see my best fried from high school lives a few streets over from me, and I kinda would like to hang out with him again. Problem is, he has a new friend he hangs out with and we cannot stand the sight of each other. He gives me uncomfortable looks when my best friend isn't looking and I return the favor. It's very unfortunate and now that everything is said and done we're left with a bunch of people with nothing to do.

So I'll just continue playing my guitar, watching Youtube, playing Zelda, and losing weight. I may not have that much contact with people this summer, but at least I'll be productive...I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment