Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Stay offa My Facebook...

I'm dropping myself off of Facebook and Twitter for the rest of the summer. It sucks, because I'm staying off of it for the rest of the summer and I'm seeing how different things are.

How sad is it that my life changes from not being on social media? It corrupts our thoughts, for sure. I'm still facing demons, and it's not until I've stopped convincing myself I'm not alone via Facebook that I realized that...I'm alone. It's what I asked for. It's just not a mindset I was prepared to be in yet, but I guess I arrived early. Autonomy. Self sufficiency. I'm moving closer to it every day. It's a necessary part of my plans to go away and set up a new life.

When I get back to Facebook and Twitter I'm doing some serious friend/follower cleaning. People I don't need to be friends with or who I don't even know have got to be dropped. I kind of started right before I signed off, but I'm going to finish the job when I get back. People who start drama are gone, as well as people that I have to pretend to like. It's just time to get my digital life straightened out.

I wish that there was a way to block social media sites at certain times of the day to limit our access. I could get so much more done that way if only I could limit myself. Imagine a program that only lets you get online for an hour a day. Like, say, between 6:00 and 7:00? Send a tweet, update your status, gawk at your old High Schools pictures and wonder when she turned into such a slut, take bets on how long new relationships will last, and then get forced off right at 7:00. Sounds perfect to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment