Saturday, July 9, 2011

And then I found a fairy. Her name was Helga and she smelled of a hangover and formaldehyde.

Here are some updates on the things I've been doing.

Guitar: Okay, so I've been bad and hardly played guitar at all! I've wanted to play so bad but I've been so busy with other things. Honestly, I just don't want to play my instruments around my family. When I play music I'd like to pretend I'm in my own little world, but if my parents are home they insist on commenting on my playing. I get that they are trying to be nice and compliment their child, but honestly I'd appreciate it more if my family just pretended they didn't hear anything. Another part of me that likes to live as if I'm living alone, even when I'm with others. I could sit in my room all day and do nothing and still feel like I have had a good day, and my parents haven't really adjusted to that yet.

Weight loss: Big update here. I have no idea what I'm doing right now. I know that in order to lose weight you don't want to eat too few calories and you don't want to eat too many as well. I don't know, however, how many calories are too few! I think right now I'd be losing weight faster if I actually new this number because my body is going into preservation mode and holding on to the calories I'm eating. I'm planning and talking to my doctor this week about a bunch of stuff to help me be a little bit more efficient. Wouldn't it be something if in order to lose weight I had to eat MORE?! I've always been unconventional about pretty much every task I've ever undertaken, so I don't see why this one should be any different. Way less, eat more! The American Dream!

Family: My little brother jokes around too much. I try and talk to him like a human being and instead of responding with a serious comment, he'll make some sarcastic remark or some stupid joke and I can't get through. There are times when I'd actually like to talk to him as if we are both above the age of seven but it just hasn't happened this summer.

My mom is WAY too clingy! Oh my gosh, it's ridiculous! I go upstairs for any reason at all and it's "where are you going?" I can't go anywhere without being asked "where are you going?" This does not bode well with someone who'd prefer to live alone if they had the option. Nor does the talking during my show (I only have ONE show, and still people talk to me during it), when I have my head phones in and I'm working or watching youtube when I just spent 30 minutes trying to talk to you and I gave up, or...AH!!! I'm not saying I don't want to talk to my mom. I'm saying I don't get why she has to know everywhere I'm going when I'm in the house or why she chooses to talk to me when I'm doing something and not the other 18 hours I'm awake and sitting around doing nothing.

And apparently my dad has been trying to talk to me lately. We've never talked much, and honestly I had no idea he was trying to talk to me. I still wouldn't know if my mom hadn't of pulled me aside and told me. I think it'd be cool to actually talk to him, but I just don't see why he'd wait until I'm in what will probably be my last year at home to try and start communicating with me. I love my dad, but we've just not really ever been able to talk. Like, ever. Ironic, with me being a Communication Studies major, too, but it's not unheard of. One of the greatest Communication scholars of all time, C.S. Lewis and his father (a respected Communication
Scholar himself) NEVER spoke. They would constantly argue and yell and fight and so they just didn't speak near the end of their life. Studying communication doesn't make you a better communicator, it just lets you know what you did wrong in hindsight.


Random: I've decided that on top of my weight loss journaling, I shall return to the original intent of the blog. To be random. Back in High School I had a notebook that was filled with random thoughts and ideas and were all in list form. It was vastly innappropriate, very random, and strangely awesome. I may never get this blog up to the epic state of that notebook, but gosh darn it I'm going to try! Oh, and I'm going to continue the weight loss and other achievements updates as well. First,

People who shouldn't teach an English class

* Any of Jerry Springers guests

* Yoda- "Before E does I come, unless E after C does it come."

* Arnold Schwarzeneger- "I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE, BUT THEY WANT ME AND MY ANTECEDENTS DEAD!"

* The Hulk- "HULK HEAD HURT! WHAT WORDS?"

* That singer from the band, America- "I say I'm the best teacher alive for there ain't no one for to give me no argument about it." (If you don't get the reference, listen to "A Horse with No Name".

* Professor Quirrel from Harry Potter.

* Ms. South Carolina.

* Rosie O'Donnell, because she fails at everything but eating a family size bucket of fried chicken.

* Charlie Sheen, but I'm sure his brain is on so much cocaine, or "Tiger Blood", that he couldn't even find the classroom.



Tomorrow's forecast: What I'll be saying to atheists when they die and find out God's real.

No comments:

Post a Comment